Android Gardener Documentation
- What does a Android Gardener do?
- Android Autorollers
- View current and upcoming rotations
- How to swap rotation shifts
The Android Gardener has two primary jobs:
Stay on top of incoming Android-related bugs in both the Skia and Android bug trackers. For Skia bugs, this means triaging and assigning all Android bugs that are currently unassigned. For Android, this means following the Android guidelines to verifying that all Skia bugs are TL-triaged (if not reach out to djsollen@).
The Android Gardener’s job is NOT to address issues in Perf and Gold. You’ll get your chance when you are the general Skia Gardener.
You can send the autoroller into dry run mode via the UI. The uploaded change will not autosubmit when it is in dry run mode.
You can also stop the autoroller via the UI. This is useful in cases where a failure needs to be investigated and you do not want to waste TH resources by running unnecessary tests.
If the autoroller displays an error in the UI then look for more detail in it’s cloud logs.
If you need any more information about the autoroller please look at skia:5538 or ask rmistry@ / skiabot@.
We also have autorollers into release branches (also restricted only to Googlers):
Changes created by these rollers need to be manually approved.
The changes created by the release rollers:
- Include all authors of merged changes so that they can watch the roll.
- Extracts all buganizer bugs of the form ‘BUG=b/123’ or ‘Bug: b/456’ and creates a single line in the merge change ‘Bug: 123, 456’.
- Collects all ‘Test: ' lines and carries them over to the merge change.
If you need to swap shifts with someone (because you are out sick or on vacation), please get approval from the person you want to swap with and directly make the swap via the rotations page.