Android RoboCop Documentation
- What does a Android RoboCop do?
- Android Autorollers
- View current and upcoming RoboCops
- How to swap RoboCop shifts
What does a Android RoboCop do?
The RoboCop has two primary jobs:
1) Monitor and approve the semi-autonomous git merges from Skia’s repository into the Android source tree. See autoroller documentation here for details on how to interact with it.
2) Stay on top of incoming Android-related bugs in both the Skia and Android bug trackers. For Skia bugs, this means triaging and assigning all Android bugs that are currently unassigned. For Android, this means following the Android guidelines to verifying that all Skia bugs are TL-triaged (if not reach out to djsollen@).
The RoboCop’s job is NOT to address issues in Perf and Gold. You’ll get your chance when you are the general Skia sheriff.
The Android autoroller into the master branch runs on https://android-master-roll.skia.org and is accessible only to Googlers.
The autoroller’s status is displayed on Skia’s status page.
You can send the autoroller into dry run mode via the UI. The uploaded change will not autosubmit when it is in dry run mode.
You can also stop the autoroller via the UI. This is useful in cases where a failure needs to be investigated and you do not want to waste TH resources by running unnecessary tests.
If the autoroller displays an error in the UI then look for more detail in it’s cloud logs.
If you need any more information about the autoroller please look at skia:5538 or ask rmistry@ / skiabot@.
We also have autorollers into release branches (also restricted only to Googlers):
Changes created by these rollers need to be manually approved.
The changes created by the release rollers:
- Include all authors of merged changes so that they can watch the roll.
- Extracts all buganizer bugs of the form ‘BUG=b/123’ or ‘Bug: b/456’ and creates a single line in the merge change ‘Bug: 123, 456’.
- Collects all ‘Test: ‘ lines and carries them over to the merge change.
View current and upcoming RoboCops
The list of RoboCops is specified in the skia-tree-status web app. The current RoboCop is highlighted in green. The banner on the top of the status page also displays the current RoboCop.
How to swap RoboCop shifts
If you need to swap shifts with someone (because you are out sick or on vacation), please get approval from the person you want to swap with. Then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc rmistry@.